Categories – Sápmi Awards 2014
The winner in each category in Sápmi Awards will be
awarded 100 000 SEK in prize money and honor. To win the Sápmi
Awards you need creativity and innovation according to- and with
respect for the sami tradition and the entirety. In addition the
winner has to be at their best when it matters because the final is
determinate in front of a live audience at the Sápmi Awards. To
find the winners, there are both general and specific
The nominees must:
- Work creative and innovative in harmony and respect for sami
traditions and the entirety
- Ensure gender equality where women and men have the same
rights, responsibilities and opportunities in all important areas
- Possess the entrepreneur properties and promotes diversity,
ethics and morality in the work.
100 000 SEK to the best chef in Sápmi
Sáme biebbmo ja máhttudahka
Biebmodáidda ja máhttu
Saemien tjiehpiebeapmoe jih maahtoeh
Sámi cuisine and knowledge
Sámi chefs, food creators and sámi restaurants from all
over Sápmi are challenged to show their skills in handling,
presenting and cooking traditional sámi food products in an
innovative, tasteful and attractive way.
- The nominee/contestant must be a sámi chef and/food creator or
have a permanent job in a sámi restaurant.
- The nominee/contestant has, for at least two years, worked
and/or has a suitable education.
- The jury's evaluation is based upon professional cooking with
natural ingredients without food additives, ability to work
efficiently from an environmental and economic conditions,
consciousness about the environment and regarding the sámi culture
both in tradition and innovativeness.
- During the final good flavor has a given position in the
judgment. The basis for the jury and peoples votes will be what is
presented on the plate. Texture, taste and composition will be
The Biebmodáidda ja máhttu/Sáme biebbmo ja
máhttudahka-award is coordinated by Slow Food Sápmi. www.slowfood.sapmi.com
Honor and 100 000 SEK to the most skilful
female reindeer herder in Sápmi
Čeahpes nisson boazobargi
Maehteles båatsoe nyjsenäjja
Skillful female reindeer herder
With ethics and good morality you can get far. Good knowledge
about reindeer herding, commitment and understanding for the
animals along with knowledge about grazing conditions and lands can
decide the winner of the category.
- The nominee must be a woman.
- The reindeer herders interest and commitment for his/her work,
and the care of animals is good and that the reindeer herder
without doubt can put the animal's wellbeing prior to his/her own
comfort if so needed.
- Other conditions are; good knowledge how reindeer behave and
move on the land, to be able to judge grazing- and snow conditions
and knowledge about planning and use of the grazing land to be
maintained in a proper way, both in short and a long term
- That the reindeer herders maintain good ethics and moral in the
Sámi community, how to behave towards others and their property
along with good local knowledge about the Sámi communities land and
skills to get around in the terrain without motor vehicles is
- Any additional skill that may be considered by the jury
includes: The ability to describe a reindeer from the antlers,
color and age. Knowledge how you use different parts of the
reindeer after it has been slaughtered. Good knowledge in
recognizing reindeer ear-markings.
The Čeahpes nisson boazobargi/Tjiehpes
räjnárnissun-award organizer is Samij
Åhpadusguovdásj/Samernas utbildningscentrum. www.samernas.se
Big award to a
skilful craftsmen/women in Sápmi
Árbevirolaš duodji is a big award aimed for the Sámi
craftsmen/women. Everyone that with skill and aesthetics
completes work with a clear traditional Sámi cultural connection
can be nominated. The person should be operating within his/her
field and be able to exhibit produced work at a possible final.
- The judgment is based on the work's skillfulness, aesthetic and
clear connection to the Sámi culture.
- The jury will also consider the main focus within the field and
the background to the practice; education or otherwise acquired
- The nominess should have had at least one official fair,
exhibition or show - possible a separate exhibition held
within the last years.
- Other activities within the field are considered, for example
teaching, supervision or other ways of sharing knowledge as well as
other awards and a Sámi background.
The Árbevirolaš duodji/Árbbedábálasj duodje-award
organizer is Sameslöjdstiftelsen, Sámi Duodji (Sámi handicraft